7 Foods That Will Help You Lose Belly Fats Fast
The adage, you are what you eat, could not be truer especially when it comes to helping you lose your belly fat and, maintaining a healthy physique. Eating healthy food is a common resolution. It is also one of the hardest to follow through. Year after year, foods that cause belly fat build up, water retention and high calories, seem to always find a way onto your plate and into your mouth, especially during festivities.
The holiday seasons are marked by joyous times with friends and family. However, they are also marred by unhealthy dishes that tempt even the stoutest diet followers. The generosity that accustoms these giving days lure us inconspicuously into a snare. Gary Preacher from HCGDiet.com explains that overeating during the holidays often causes most diets to derail.
To avoid this temptation, Preacher suggests to:
- Portion moderately the foods you favor and fill the rest of your plates with fruits or vegetables, or both.
- Allow for digestion by eating slowly and only go back for second serving if you are still hungry.
- Avoid sweets but if you cannot resist your craving, pamper yourself to a small quantity.
- Eat healthy snacks, fruits or vegetables before attending a holiday party. This will help you to avoid overeating.
Still, a majority will lose themselves into the merrymaking and sooner or later, they will have to deal with the accumulated fat around their bellies. In what seems like everybody's yearly resolution, grueling physical exercises and revamped dietary changes will constitute some of the measures to help in reducing abnormal fats.
The following 7 foods will go a long way in helping you achieve your belly fat reduction goal.
- Bananas. They contain fiber and resistant starch while remaining low on calories. This assists in fat loss.
- Grapefruits. Contrary to popular belief, grapes do not contain special fat burning abilities. However, it is their high fiber and water contents that leave you feeling full and satiated. This, in turn, reduces the size of foods consumed.
- Avocados. These are the majority's favorite source of healthy fat. Aside from the buttery taste, avocado's monosaturated fats help in weight loss. Even though avocados are packed with calories, they are also rich in fiber which will leave you satisfied after consuming just a slice.
- Apples. This fruit is mostly fiber and water, the effects of which is a feeling of satiety. When taken before a meal, apples will make you feel full after eating less hence reducing food intake. This works in great effect on weight management proving indeed that, an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
This thick yogurt is packed with calcium and protein. It is low in fats and sugars hence offering several benefits when it comes to reducing belly fat. Also rich in healthy carbs, Greek yogurt provides better hunger control and preserve muscle mass. It is a good source of iodine, an element vital for the proper functioning of the thyroid gland which is essential for a healthy metabolic activity.
Almonds are densely rich in fiber, protein, and healthy fat. Eaten while raw and unsalted to avoid calories adding up, almonds will limit your food intake by keeping you full for longer. Almonds can easily be grounded in other meals and salads. This way, being rich in fiber, they will aid in digestion and extraction of minerals.
Vegetables such as cabbages, spinach, carrots, broccoli, kales, pumpkins and, cauliflower are excellent choices when it comes to losing fat. They contain nutrients like fiber, vitamins, potassium, and calcium. They also have a very limited number of calories which makes them ideal foods any time of the day. Vegetables are easy to prepare as components in soups or just raw as salads and snacks.
Fruits are a rich source of under-consumed nutrients essential to the body. The also lower calories intake. Some of the fruits to aid in reducing belly fats are.
When it comes to losing belly fat, you should always opt for lean protein sources as they are significantly lower in fat. A good example of lean protein is salmon. Not only does salmon help in retention of the muscle mass, but it also supplies the body with omega 3 which human body cannot produce. Other protein sources with added advantages are plant-based proteins like chicken peas and beans. These contain antioxidants which help to boost the immune system.
These unadulterated foods are key components for a nutritious meal. Composed of complex carbs, proteins, and dietary fiber, whole grains are digested slowly, which makes you feel full for hours. Example of whole grains is corn, brown rice, whole wheat, whole oats, and whole rye. Whole rye has more nutrients in comparison to other whole grains. However, it is hard to find whole rye with most stores stocking refined product of it.
A soft, white and creamy produce, this cheese skips the aging process which is noticeable from its mild flavor. Enjoyed by itself or incorporated in other ingredients, this cheese is low in calories making it an excellent source of protein. It is also rich in selenium, calcium, phosphorus and, B vitamins.
Consuming these healthy foods can greatly help you lose that belly, at least win you half the race. There are other measures necessary for the full realization of your goal. Incorporating these nutritious 7 foods into a balanced diet along with regular exercise with lots of water and adequate sleep will maximize your chances.
However, it might be difficult setting time for exercise when your job and family demands so much of your time and energy. Another setback is finding unrefined foods on the shelves which are stocked with processed products.
No matter how determined you are to lose belly fat quickly, you might find yourself failing due to faults that are not your own. In a situation like this, adopting a weight management program from weight loss experts is the best decision to get you over the finish line.